Ginger’s Post: A Walk in the Park

Posted by mrssmythe on November 5, 2014 in Ginger's Snaps, Hiking, Seasons |

We spent the morning at Chicopee State Park on Tuesday. CPT America had a rare day off, and after we’d finished voting, we piled the kids into the car and headed for the walking trails.

It turned out to be a beautiful day for it. The sun was pleasantly warm and there was still plenty of autumnal color to be seen. The woods smelled nice and “dried-leafy” – which is how I describe that nice smell you get on warm, dry days when you’re stomping through piles of leaves. Those are great days.

Ginger spent most of our walk taking photos, and, since all of the photos I’ve included here are her work, she thought she should be the one to talk about them. That seemed reasonable. So, without further ado, here’s Ginger…

IMG_0409

"The Pond" as I call it was a lovely, easygoing photo of the close up lake.

IMG_0412

"Footsteps" was my 2nd favorite photo of the day. (Or, should I say "evening", because I saved the editing for the last minute).

IMG_0425

"The Storm Cloud" came in as a big hit with all the family. I like the black and white setting I used.

IMG_0436

On "La River" I used the "miniature" setting. It looks so wee!

IMG_0447

This "White Plant" was a last minute photo on the "softener" setting.

IMG_0448-001

This was my favorite of all the photos. A nice "work of (lens) art" as I would say. The background matches her so darn much!

Okay! So there you have it. Lovely fall photos from a lovely walk in the woods. Thank you for sharing Ginger.

(And, I’ll have to be careful, or that child’s going to hijack this blog. She enjoyed that entirely too much).

From the dining room table, with Ginger still dictating to me (Ginger: “‘Dictating’ is an ugly word”) – ahem, suggesting what I should write,

Tags: , , ,

• IrishMum says:

What great shots Ginger! My favorite is “The Storm Cloud”, great composition!

What lovely photos! The miniature setting produced a fun effect! Also, autumn . . . such a glamorous model.

PS–And a lovely photo of you, I might add. The cover of your next book, perhaps? 🙂

I love the miniature setting – but I always forget to use it. I’m glad Ginger remembers. And, thank you for the kind words about the photos of me. Ginger did a great job.

• Sarah Bro says:

Her photo of you is stunning! Captures simplicity, the subject, and a story perfectly. Print and frame this one. Well done, Ginger!

• mooshie says:

Fabulous job, Ginger!! The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
    You have some super talent!!

• Jenn says:

It’s nice to see it still looks like autumn down your way. Here we have lost most of the leaves and everything seems to be some shade of brown. We even had snow on Halloween night; with more to come tomorrow apparently. Ew.

I loved your costumes!

Jenn

Thanks, Jenn! Fall seems to be hanging on here longer than usual this year. We’ve only had one true freeze so far and no snow to speak of. I’m taking lots of walks and doing all I can to enjoy it while it lasts!